7PM Greenwood Office
Present: Eric Likkel, David Anema, Kurt Munson, Rennie Araucto, Beth DeVries
7:00 Greeting/Prayer
7:10 Scheduled next mtgs (Council, Elders, Road Crew)
- Stewardship Team Friday Feb 25
- Road Crew, Sunday March 13 - Stewardship team update
- Council March 22, Elders April 12, Council May 10, Road Crew May 15 (SWOT ?)
7:15 Elder District update; reviewed online google doc, discussed individuals, needs, relationships with church, etc.
- After going through list of people, decided to delay permanent re-assignments until two new elders nominated/installed by end of May; Beth sending update to folks to let them know the whole elders team is available in the meantime
- After reconsidering assignment process, chose to keep as is
8:20 Further SWOT discussion
- Spoke to need to evaluate categories against church’s Mission, Motto, stated purpose
- Elders approve Pastor’s idea of addressing current generation of ER parents with opportunity to do better than before; also affirm connection between addressing parents w/Parenting Beyond Sunday project and the opportunity to do better with Sunday mornings; Eric to work w/Teresa; also approve Purim “all-family worship service for March 20 (Rennie)
- Evaluating Prayer:
- ER seems strong in prayer when laying on hands, when responding to tragedy (after 9/11, after deaths);
- Sunday morning prayers in worship seem effective to Elders; propose dedicating entire service to prayer (include song, sacrament); decide to schedule for Palm Sunday, April 17 (Eric w/Mark Nelson)
9:30 Prayer; Dismiss
1 comment:
I agree with the observation that ER is strong in prayer when laying on hands--as Jesus said in John 14:22-- "I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father."
If Jesus gave us His authority to heal, bind and loose things, then we should lay hands on others as often as we can (e.g. for anyone who is sick, doing mission work, elected as an elder, etc...).
It was really good too when Ptr. Eric invited people up one Sunday(when we were praying for a loved one in church) to share what the Holy Spirit was telling them...I hope we will have more of these times. Often times we keep talking to God, in times like these, we learn to listen.
I agree with the proposal to dedicate our entire service to prayer and may I suggest that we spend that time to lift other nations that we hear in the news (e.g. right now Libya and Japan)--after all, we are not just CRC, we are part of The Church, the bride...
Post a Comment